cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK for LS1043A V0.5 environment reset

Jump to solution
rommelcustodio
Contributor I

I have downloaded the latest QorIQ SDK for LS1043ARDB. I am changing the FW loaded on bank 0 of the NOR flash to SDK v0.5.

Bank 1 is already programmed with a local test FW based on SDK v0.4. Currently, I do not want to change that since it will be my fallback.

It seems there are discrepancy in the documentation and the actual u-boot code.

Freescale Linux LS1043A SDK, Rev. A, Dec 2015

0x61100000 0x638FFFFF bank0 FIT Image 40M

u-boot

I have performed environment reset "env default -f -a"

Which cause the LS1043ARDB to cease booting.

These environment variables seem to be causing the problem after the environment reset.

kernel_load=0x807f0000

kernel_size=0x1000000

kernel_start=0x61200000

These were reset to SDK v0.4 values and the LS1043ARDB boots now.

=> setenv kernel_load 0xa0000000

=> setenv kernel_size 0x2800000

=> setenv kernel_start 0x61100000

=> save

Can someone at FSL verify that these are OK?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rommel Custodio,

Yes, correct kernel_start should be consistent with flash memory map address as in the doc.

There will be patch for this.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rommel Custodio,

Yes, correct kernel_start should be consistent with flash memory map address as in the doc.

There will be patch for this.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
raghavendrasurp
Contributor II

Hi,

How to install QorIQ LS1043A SDK on Linux machine, please send me the procedure.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

0 Kudos