cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to root a Freescale MCIMX6Q-SDP board running on Android Lollipop 5.0.2

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am trying to use the SuperSU app in my freescale MCIMX6Q-SDP board which is running on Android Lollipop 5.0.2. The AOSP code from git seems to be tightly secured with SELinux Security Mechanism when I googled about the failure of many of the rooting applications which I tried to use,ex: Kingroot,Kingoroot. So through rooting applications ,the rooting process is not possible in AndroidL 5.0.2.  Since I cannot afford the consequences of bricking the board  ,I would like to go for an expert advice in rooting. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Anjali

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

marthaxd
Contributor I

You can also use 360 root app    for rooting your android device. it's one click root application

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Since getting the root access to the Android platform violates the Google Android compatibility policy, we do not give any mechanism and do not provide any recommendations to get the root access to the Android platform.

Have a great day,
Artur

0 Kudos

vikaskolapudi
Contributor I

Hi

We would like to load our drivers through adb shell, We are using adb because we are not able to access command prompt. Is there any other way to

1. Get the command line access.

2. Load drivers from adb shell as it is not giving permissions to access the root.

Thanks & Regards,

Vikas.

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The following API is available to access the system console in Android:

Console | Android Developers

Have a great day,
Artur

0 Kudos