CW 3.0 License

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 3.0 License

jimwilliams
Contributor I

I am starting CW 3.0 on a new computer. (Old motherboard died and HDD will not work in new computer)

My previous CW was licensed to the WiFi MAC address. This computer has a different WiFi MAC address.

The CW before that was licensed to the HDD Serial Number.

Emailing the MWRegistration.txt file to license@metrowerks.com did not work last time and I used a service request through this website to get a license renewal.

The service request system has changed.

Any ideas on how to get CW to work on this new computer will be greatly appreciated.

My previous service requests were 1-725052823  and 1-599616642.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jim,

Since last December we changed the system to track the customer questions.

I don't think you want to have your license file on community.

To avoid problem for old product we need the older license file and the new DiskID/HostID.

The MWRegistration.txt is perfect too.

To submit your case into the supporting system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jimwilliams
Contributor I

Should I still submit the issue?

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jim,

I've found the SR# 1-599616642 and 1-725052823 in our old data base.

I've re-encrypted the license file according to the MWRegistration.txt.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jimwilliams
Contributor I

Thank you so much. Problem Solved.

0 Kudos

jimwilliams
Contributor I

Here are the files.

0 Kudos

mariovaleriobuc
Contributor I

Pascal ,

I tried what you suggested to Jim but unfortunately it doesn't work (a case was opened today ref. 00065853 but the answer was to follow a product search. found no results for what I needed).

I need a license to be rehosted for a CW development tool for 68K Embedded systems v. 3 and I reckon you must have a MWRegistration.txt with the new MAC addess attached to the case 00065853. In can you don't, I could submit another case.

I tried the same thing in the past an I got the newer license.dat file by email.

Let me know how to proceed.

Regards

Mario

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Mario,

I see the Case 00065853 which is handled by a colleague.

You received an email giving a link to a doc posted on community and information available on FAQs.

Now you're using an old version which is based on Classic.

CW for M68K V3.x is old but it's the last version supporting M68K devices.

The new web license system can generate the license for this old product but a feature could be corrupted.

By default when we generate manually a license (which seems to be case with your old license file), we add some information regarding the registration.

I will take the Case 00065853 on my side and will contact you by email.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos

mariovaleriobuc
Contributor I

ok thanks!

0 Kudos

jimwilliams
Contributor I

Thank you for your prompt response.

I can provide you with a copy of the MWRegister.txt generated by

MWRegister.exe which gives my Hard Disk serial number and my MAC Address.

I can also provide you with a copy of license.dat from the old computer.

When I started with this company, the license was linked to the HardDisk

serial number. This worked well because sometimes I am in the country

where there is no WiFi and I cannot compile if the license is linked to

the MAC address.

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos