Need help blending layers at high frame rates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help blending layers at high frame rates

markrivers
Contributor I

We want to use i.MX 6Dual to drive a 1920x720 display with 4 blended overlays with at least one running at 60fps.  In our tests, on i.MX 6Quad SABRE Lite, we have not been able to achieve this.  We seem to be hitting a bandwidth limit and causing the system to become unstable, but it could just be that we have not configured the IPU/GPU devices correctly.  We are using an RTOS and configuring the IPU and GC320 to do the work.

Are there any good resources that explain how to use the i.MX6 graphics devices to achieve high frame-rate, high resolution, multi-layered graphics?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark

for IPU blending examples one can look at

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94961

sect.6.4.3 IPU Device Unit test Linux Manual.

For GPU blending one can look at attached Linux Guide

sect.8.2 G2D-fsl-samples, i.MX_6_Graphics_User's_Guide.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

markrivers
Contributor I

Thanks Igor.  We have seen those examples but they don't help because they use the IC for combination and that is limited to 1024 width.  We have tried using the VDIC as a combiner but cannot get it to work.  Exactly the same problem has previously been reported here without answer: VDIC combine in i.MX6 solo

Do you have any examples of using the VDIC to combine surfaces greater than 1024 width?  Our resolution is 1920x720.  We are using RTOS so we need a bare metal example rather than Linux API level.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos