[MPC5748G]: Wakep up mode STOP0 and STANDBY0 how to wake up ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MPC5748G]: Wakep up mode STOP0 and STANDBY0 how to wake up ?

nileshpardesi
Contributor II

Hello team,

I have implemented a code to change the user operation modes for MPC5748G chipset.

I wanted to change operation mode from Runx/DRUN to STOP0 OR STANDBY0 mode,(Implemented as per the examples given in "MPV5748G Reference Manual Rev3, 04/2014 Section- 38.4.8.2)

My queries are,
1. How I can wake up the controller from these modes.
  - its written that by peripheral Interrupts or wakeup events.
  - In Table 24-2 I am trying to wake up the system from STANDBY0 mode using STM_0 and its not happening.
  - While wakeing up will system wake up in default mode or user has to change it manually?
  - Observation is for RUNx mode while it is waking up, the mode is not changing by itself, we need to change the mode manually as a part of Code, is it the same case in STOP0 and STANDBY0 mode?
2. Waking up using STM_0 is not hapenning
- Please suggest if we can have different approach for wake up
- "Table 7-4 User Operating mode settings and options" suggests All peripheral interrupts.
- Kidnly clear my observation on Wakeup sources.

Do you have any sample applictions which can guide me on the scenario ?

Note: for STANDBY0 the configuration (MC_ME_STANDBY_MC) is not modified.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

just a quick help - attached you will find two sample projects. "C6M_LPU_0101(2014-03-18).zip" contains a lot of test cases, use EVB hex switch to select a specific one. "Simplified STANDBY Exit.zip" is very simple one that shows how to enter standby mode and how to wake up the device using WKPU and pin PA2.

Lukas

0 Kudos

nileshpardesi
Contributor II

Hi Lucas,

With your  sample program I understood that how I can use WKPU for exit of STANDBY.

I need to know how I can use the STM_0 for the same perpose to exit from STANDBY or STOP modes as suggested in Table24-2 as I have mentioned in the problem statement.

I need to know different methods for STANDBY Exit using STM_0.

Kindly provide the sample program on this context.

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Here you go...

0 Kudos

nileshpardesi
Contributor II

Hello Mr. Lucas,

Thank you for your sample application.

I have a doubt that, how you have decided that the STM_0 will be taking 2nd bit?

WKPU.WRER.R   = 0x00000002;

Please let me know, as I have seen that manual, its not possible for me to collect it.

Are you suggesting that, it should be external interrupt?

Regards,

nilesh

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pastedImage_0.png

Lukas

0 Kudos

tomyqg1
Contributor I

Is there any example about wake up regularly from standy by RTC/API for MPC5746C (RTC clock is 128k SIRC), and I want to know how long dose standy mode take after wake up , it's  possible? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nilesh,

I will try to find some time to create simple SW example.

Lukas

0 Kudos

nileshpardesi
Contributor II

Hello Lucas,

Thank you for your kind help.

Please let me know how I can wake up from the STADBY mode without use of WKPU, only Using STM_0.

Your kind support needed.

-Nilesh

0 Kudos