AnsweredAssumed Answered

MFS bug when using another brands of sdcard? Impedance control, noise?

Question asked by thiagow on Jan 11, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 by thiagow

I did some tests here using C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_1\mfs\examples\sdcard  with MQX 4.1.1 and  my k64 custom board ( I already make my own board based on frdm-k64f)         and realized  the error below only using a different brand of SD card of 2 GB, for example, using kingston brand the problem doesn't occours, but using sandisk brand there is this problem when opening filesystem:

/* Open file system */

filesystem_handle = fopen(filesystem_name, NULL);

error_code = ferror(filesystem_handle);

if (error_code == MFS_NOT_A_DOS_DISK)

{

pDEBUG("NOT A DOS DISK! You must format to continue.\n");

}

else if (error_code != MFS_NO_ERROR)

{

pDEBUG("Error opening filesystem:%d - %s\n", error_code, MFS_Error_text((uint32_t)error_code));

return 1;

}

The error code returned when I'm opening the filesystem  is equal -1.    After this error occours, there is no more possible to use SD card (inclusive using kingston brand) to record data. There is necessary restart MFS stack (restarting MQX).

I believe that there is a problem in the moment of open the filesystem after partition manager is installed sucessfully. Starnge is occours only using sandisk brand.

I already retested with another sdcard card units and the problem is the same with SANDISK.

I already checked with SD Insight app on Android to verify if this San Disk Card is fake, but it isn't. It work ok on a PC.

The strange is that in frdm-k64f work as Kingston as Sandisk brands, but in my custom board, works only with  Kingston. Why.?

Message was edited by: Thiago Wiezbicki This post : https://community.freescale.com/message/576728#576728            say that can be the signal strength problem, dos anybody agree? Can I decrease the clock?

Outcomes