cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel camera input breaks when work in kernel 3.14.28 from Dizzy

Jump to solution
adamzhu
Contributor I

We have a imx6dl on a custom carrier board. We have a ADV7180  connected to IPU0-CSI0 via the parallel interface. The driver is based on Freescale's ADV7180 driver.

It worked just fine when using a 3.10.17 kernel from Daisy, but doesn't work in 3.14.28  from Dizzy .  Following is error info

ERROR: v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0

Are there any changes you are aware of to the device tree or kernel configuration that might affect the CSI0/IPU0 behavior from 3.10.17 to 3.14.28?

Looking at drivers/media/platform/mcx/capture/ipu_csi_enc.c, it looks like the problem comes from csi_enc_callback not getting called; I can see that ipu_request_irq is being called (and succeeds) with IPU_IRQ_CSI0_OUT_EOF, and that the V4L2 ioctls (STREAMON, QBUF, DQBUF) are being called, but csi_enc_callback is never run.

And at meantime , I check the 3.14.28( Dizzy system) can work on another board which base on imx6q, and it also use ADV7180 to connected to IPU0~CSI0 via the parallel interface.    Attachment is  my dts file . 

Please give me some help , thanks!!

Original Attachment has been moved to: dts_for_kernel3.10.17.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: dts_for_kernel3.14.28.zip

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adam

IPU of i.MX6DL is similar to DQ, so this should work, please just check necessary clocks

of sensor/ipu/ccm, as clock distribution is different. Also as you use VIA BSP, one

can ask proper files from them.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adam

IPU of i.MX6DL is similar to DQ, so this should work, please just check necessary clocks

of sensor/ipu/ccm, as clock distribution is different. Also as you use VIA BSP, one

can ask proper files from them.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
adamzhu
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov,

Thanks!! It can work normally.

0 Kudos