Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64F CW10.6 MQX Failed to resume target process

Jump to solution
niklasroth
Contributor III

Hi there,

Trying to get running a MQX 4.2 project (from scretch) on the FRDM K64F and I'm failing permanently!!

Setting up an example works very well (see following link):

K64F Hello2 Example - YouTube

Setting up an MQX 4.2 project from scratch fails for the K64F plattform:

K64F MQX from scratch - YouTube

I tried the same procedure on the TWR-K60D100M and it work just well. So why doesn't it work that way for the FRDM-K64F

Thanks for any help!

Cheers Nik

PS: Following my setup

125383_125383.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-09 at 16.10.18.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
niklasroth
Contributor III

Solved that way:

Go into the debug configurations (follow the figures) and make sure that the "Debug port interface" is set as "SWD" and not "JTAG"!

Thanx Alice_Yang for providing the essential hints!!

Debug4.png

Debug5.png

Debug6.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
niklasroth
Contributor III

Solved that way:

Go into the debug configurations (follow the figures) and make sure that the "Debug port interface" is set as "SWD" and not "JTAG"!

Thanx Alice_Yang for providing the essential hints!!

Debug4.png

Debug5.png

Debug6.png

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

- "on the FRDM K64F and I'm failing permanently!!" , please tell us what's the error show or the phenomenon.

- For i have no permission go into URL you send , have you test the demo code under MQX4.2 installation directory :

Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\examples\hello\build\cw10gcc\hello_frdmk64f

does it can work well on your side , if not ,  please take a screenshot about the error .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
niklasroth
Contributor III

Thanks for responding.

Following the Error Message that occurrs:

Error_Message.png

Yes, that example works. I tried to download "Hello" and "Hello2" example and they work well. But trying to download my own project fails, popping up the error message above

Video1: Successfully setting up example "Hello2"

Video2: Download error with my own project

Don't you have permission because of nxp? Because the links were tested by a colleague and they worked?

Anyway, I tried it again with the video embedding tool. Hope it works now.

Best regards Nik

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nik,

- I create one simple bareboard  project about k64 , then use the J-link debugger to flash , it also show the error

as yours .

And when you run the demo hello project , could you please check the debug configuration , right click the project ,

then select debug As,(i think on your side , it  maybe not select the j-link to debug , please take a screenshot to me , thank !)

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

- And we can also directly use the OpenSDA Jlink (j26) directly download the project , i have test it , it can work well .

-And i test it on KDS use the j-link debugger , it can work well .

BR

Alice

niklasroth
Contributor III

Hi Alice!

Well, here we go: In the "Hello" example project "SWD" is selected as "Debug port interface" shown in Figure1 below. This is different to my self created project, in which JTAG is selected by default (Figure2). This has to be changed to "SWD" and than my problem is solved!

Hmm, the other question here is now: why is "JTAG" selected even if one chooses "Segger J-Link / J-Trace / SWO (SWD Based)" when setting up a new Project (in section "Connections")? This might be a bug?

best regards Nik and thank you very much for your help :-)

Debug3.png

Figure1: "Hello" Example Project: Debugger Target Settings => Debug port interface = SWD

Debug2.png

Figure2: My own Project: Debugger Target Settings => Debug port interface = JTAG

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Niklas,

I think this is not a bug , for the default configuration of the CW is JTAG  ,

we need refer to our requirement to configure it .

Hope it helps

Alice