LFEBS12UB Codewarrior will not install on Windows 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LFEBS12UB Codewarrior will not install on Windows 10

daxryn
Contributor I

I just bought a LFEBS12UB kit from my university bookstore.  And, just tried to install the codewarrior software, but it will not install.  It is V4.7, and I can only assume that it is not compatible with Windows 10 as it keeps getting stopped about the half-way point.  I am not too sure what to do about the situation, as time is getting short for when I will need it running in time for classes.  HELP!  thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dax,

CW for HC12 v4.7 is an old version released in 2008.

This tool was designed and tested on XP 32 bit OS.

On my side I've tested CW for HC12 v5.1 and I was able to install it under Win 10.

Now the V5.2 has been released.

This version is supporting new OS:

• Microsoft® Windows®  7 32- and 64-bit (Professional Edition)
  • Microsoft Windows 7 32- and 64-bit (Home Premium)
  • Microsoft Windows 8 32- and 64-bit
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 32- and 64-bit
  • Microsoft Windows 10 32- and 64-bit

CodeWarrior Dev Tools for HCS12(X) MCUs|NXP

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

daxryn
Contributor I

That would explain the installation problems.  But, when I follow your link to the new version I can see that I only have 2 options:  To Buy, or Download Eval.  How do I resolve this licensing issue?  Did I buy Codewarrior V4.7 with my kit?  If so, how do I apply it to the new version.  If not, is the Eval version good enough for a student?  What do you recommend I do for my school purposes?  Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

By default the CW for HC12 v5.1 and V5.2 which are the last versions include a Special Edition which is free of charge.

The Evaluation version includes the 30 days professional suite license file.

When this license expires, the tool continue to work at Special Edition.

You will find more details to the link:

CodeWarrior Development Tools Suite - Special|NXP

HC12 Specification:

Supported Device Families

Features

• CodeWarrior IDE
  • Unlimited assembler
  • C compiler and C source-level debugger – code and data size restricted to 32KB
  • C compiler and C source-level debugger for NXP’s XGATE module (512 bytes of code)
  • Integrated Flash programmer
  • Device Initialization tool
  • Processor Expert™ with Basic Components

Now if you need more options which are available in another Suites (Basic, Standard or Professional), we've an Academic solution too.

The tool is always the same (same installation , so same features) but a specific price for Academic/University

University Programs|NXP

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos