Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z

Jump to solution
enversultanov
Contributor II

Hi!

Today i got my brand new FRDM-KL25Z board. I followed the "Quick Reference Card" which followed with the board but hit som problems.

I accidently put some dummy .bin files in BOOTLOADER. The board can still be put in bootloader mode.

The board is not recognized in device manager, which means i dont se any pemicro devices.

What should i do, try to update the board again? Try to connect to the divice with JTAG?

Im using:

KDS 3.0.1

KSDK 1.3.0

Windows 8.1

//Enver

1 Solution
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Enver,

You need to update the bootloader version according to what it is expressed on OpenSDA Frequently Asked Questions on PE micro portal.

Please see this section: P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...  and notice that when using Windows 8/8.1 you should update bootloader version (in a Windows 7 PC) in order to have it updated.

I hope this can help!

Best Regards,

Isaac

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Enver,

You need to update the bootloader version according to what it is expressed on OpenSDA Frequently Asked Questions on PE micro portal.

Please see this section: P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...  and notice that when using Windows 8/8.1 you should update bootloader version (in a Windows 7 PC) in order to have it updated.

I hope this can help!

Best Regards,

Isaac

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

enversultanov
Contributor II

Thank you for the reply!

The board works fine now!

//Enver

0 Kudos