Changing QSPI NOR Device ID In Freescale Manufacturing Tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing QSPI NOR Device ID In Freescale Manufacturing Tool

davidweidman
Contributor I

On the Freescale i.MX6UL EVK's that we are using we are able to load uBoot to the QSPI Micron device (N25Q256A13EF840F) using the provided Freescale MfgTool2.exe using the mfgtool2-yocto-mx-evk-qspi-nor-n25q256a.vbs file. However on a different board we are using a 1.8V QSPI Micron device (N25Q256A11EF840F) and it is failing to to load uBoot to the QSPI device.  The MfgTool2.exe fails right after reading the device ID back from the 1.8V QSPI device. After probing on the data lines the only difference we see if that the device ID's are different between the working 3.3V (0xBA) part and non-working 1.8V part (0xBB). Is there a way to modify the Freescale MfgTool2.exe to work with this QSPI device?

Thanks,
David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

please try to change drivers/mtd/spi-nor.c

structure const struct spi_device_id spi_nor_ids[]

{ "n25q256a",    INFO(0x20ba19, 0, 64 * 1024,  512, SPI_NOR_DUAL_READ | SPI_NOR_QUAD_READ | SPI_NOR_DDR_QUAD_READ) }

then rebuild mfg tool as described in Yocto Guide sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidweidman
Contributor I

Thanks Igor. Could you point me to the source code for the Windows version of the manufacturing tool? I am having trouble tracking it down.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

IMX_L3.14.38-6UL_MFG_TOOL

sources are obtained using yocto build as

described in Yocto Guide sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos