Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX6SX SDMA usage for ADC read

Jump to solution
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi team,

I would like to ask about the usage of SDMA from Cortex-M4 in i.MX6SX.

My customer is facing on the software development of i.MX6SX for their application.

What they needs to do is to use SDMA for the data transfer from i.MX6SX ADC into its main memory by M4 core. They already saw your FreeRTOS-BSP and MQX-BSP but they still need more information on the usage of SDMA. And they already implanted ADC transferring without SDMA but they need SDMA use for reducing core usage of M4.

Can I have any documents or reference M4 example code which can be helpful for the SDMA usage for the data transfer from ADC?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

there are no special documenation for integrating ADC SDMA from

M4 side. In general SDMA codes for M4 are the same as for A9, difference

only in addresses. As example one can use UART SDMA codes in Linux or SDK

(baremetal).

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ceggers1
Contributor IV

I managed to use the i.MX6UL(L) ADC together with the SDMA (with a custom SDMA script). If somebody needs this, please contact me directly.

regards
Christian

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

there are no special documenation for integrating ADC SDMA from

M4 side. In general SDMA codes for M4 are the same as for A9, difference

only in addresses. As example one can use UART SDMA codes in Linux or SDK

(baremetal).

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos