Sabre board hdmi reconnect EDID handshake problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabre board hdmi reconnect EDID handshake problem?

mercyyuen
Contributor II

P_20151104_085324.jpgWhen I power on my Sabre board with the HDMI monitor connected, all is well in the world.   I see a beautiful image on my monitor.

With the board still powered on, I disconnect the monitor.  On re connection, I will sometimes see this message on the serial terminal.

mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: Read EDID again

At this point the image on the monitor looks like it's out of sync with the source.  (I'm attaching the image)

There is no further EDID messages on the serial terminal after this  message.

Has anyone run into this issue before?  Does anyone know how to recover from this without cycling power to the board?  Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Thoughts?

Mercy

Message was edited by: Mercy Yuen 1/6/2016 (forgot to attach the picture)

0 Kudos
2 Replies

charlesung
Contributor III

Run into similar problem here. Tried the patch but it does not seem to change the behavior. Besides, we found a couple other scenarios that the HDMI will fail.

1. If no HDMI display is plugged in during power up, then the HDMI will not work even we plug in a display later after start up.

2. The display will be mess up if we switch monitor, i.e. unplug the current one that is connected and plugin one that is from a  different manufacturer. Even though both of them work if I have either one of them plugged in right from the start.

This is with X11 running by the way. So does the hdmi driver support the RandR extension?

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mercy,

Please see the following patch

No HDMI video on imx6qsabresd with dizzy - Patchwork

0 Kudos