Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX version for i.MX6SoloX

Jump to solution
davidjaouen
Contributor III

Hi,

I am planning to use MQX on the i.MX6SoloX and I have some questions.

The MQX version that supports the i.MX6SX is the v4.1.0. Is there a reason for the v4.2.0 to not support it?

In the v4.1.0, the FFS, MFS and RTCS modules have been removed. Why? Is there any technical reason for this?

I will need these modules so I will try to port them to the i.MX6SoloX platform. Do you see any reason for these

modules to not be ported to the i.MX6SoloX? Can I start with the v4.2.0 release?

Best regards,

David

Labels (1)
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David JAOUEN,

As you mentioned, the i.MX6SoloX BSP supports only MQX v4.1.0 and has now migrated to FreeRTOS for the newer BSP releases. I couldn’t find information on technical limitations that would limit the MQX version that could be ported, but MQX was dropped in favor of FreeRTOS.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David JAOUEN,

As you mentioned, the i.MX6SoloX BSP supports only MQX v4.1.0 and has now migrated to FreeRTOS for the newer BSP releases. I couldn’t find information on technical limitations that would limit the MQX version that could be ported, but MQX was dropped in favor of FreeRTOS.

Regards,

0 Kudos
johannesstuttne
Contributor II

Hi, do you have some links from the new i.MX6SoloX BSP with freertos? I can't find a release...

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Johannesstuttner,

You may find the BSP on the Software & Tools section of the i.MX6SX home page (link below). Expand the Board Support Packages section and you should be able to find it. Please note that you may need to login in order to download this file.

i.MX 6SoloX Family of Applications Processors|NXP

johannesstuttne
Contributor II

ahh great thank you. Found the release thread from tody:

i.MX L3.14.52_1.1.0 GA & i.MX 6SoloX FreeRTOS GA Release Announcement [1]

I already downloaded the freertos release and scrolled trough the supported device drivers. But it seems like there is also no Ethernet support in this new release (just like the missing RTCS package in the MQX release). I need to get the Ethernet controller running from the M4 side to send raw eth frames for a proprietary protocol without any higher protocol intelligence. But in each imx6sx release the eth drivers and the BSP for using the eth port are missing... Can you help me out?

0 Kudos
tcmichals
Contributor III

Ethernet frames between M4 and A9? If so, I have a driver using rpmsg that has tty, usr space.  I'm working on Ethernet driver also.  It is on github rpmsg-neo

the usr space is a way to send commands between the two cores.

0 Kudos
johannesstuttne
Contributor II

Hi Tim,

Your Project sounds pretty interesting but I don´t want to the send frames between the cores... I´m working with the Freescale SabreSD Board. The goal is to have the eth0 interface for standard IP applications on the A9-core and send raw predefined ethernet Frames independent from any linux stuff from the M4-core over eth1....

greets

0 Kudos