cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qoriq T2080 disable cores

alouizied
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm using a T2080 RDB board that have 4 physical cores. I would like to use just 1 core (CPU0) and disable the others cores (CPU1,CPU2,CPU3). How can i do that?

Best Regards

Zied

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think is optimal to use Core Disable Register (DCFG_CCSR_COREDISR) (offset 0xE_0094) to disable 3 cores and let only the primary one.

COREDISR provides a mechanism for gating clocks to any cores on the device that are not used when running an application, so your system will be more energy-efficient. More details are in T2080 Reference Manual.

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no need to explicitly disable the cores because ony core 0 is enabled to boot (3 others are in hold-off mode), so U-Boot is runing on the core 0 only.

Linux also by default is booting and running on core 0.

0 Kudos

alouizied
Contributor I

Ok, but i don't use Linux that is installed in Qoriq T2080. I use a RTOS for my application , so i just want to use 1 core and disable the others.

Best Regards

Zied

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

By default RCW sets BOOT_HO to 0, means All cores except core 0 in boot holdoff.

Adrian

0 Kudos

alouizied
Contributor I

Ok thanks and where can i find the RCW file configuration ?

Zied

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Several RCW images for the T2080RDB are provided in the SDK 1.9 images ISO (QorIQ SDK V1.9 PPC64E6500 IMAGE.iso) which could be downloaded using the following link:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/linux-sdk/linux-sdk-for-qoriq-proce...

You can import an RCW binary image into the QCVS PBL Tool and modify it according to your needs.

To use the PBL Tool it is needed to install evaluation version of the CodeWarrior for Power Architecture using the following link:

Evaluation Software|NXP

0 Kudos