Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K70 Can module: 32 or 64 mailbox?

Jump to solution
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

I'm using the K70 150MHz with MQX 4.2 and KDS.

The datasheet of the K70 (Rev.3 November 2014) indicate only the register CANx_IMASK1/ CANx_IFLAG1, not the IMASK2/IFLAG2...

But in KDS3.0 with EmbSys Register I can visualise  IFLAG2/IMASK2.

But on Can Clock Turn on in BSP init (sim->SCGC6 |= SIM_SCGC6_FLEXCAN0_MASK;)

only IFLAG1/IMASK1 are set to 0, IMASK2/IFLAG 2 not change and MASK2 stay to 0x80008000???

Also, in Datasheet §53.3.12 (CANx_CTRL2) on RFFN description, there is a table indicate how many remaining available mailboxes which can up to 64...

:smileyconfused:

So if there is realy 64 Maibox, the Clock turn on allow automaticcaly to Reset MASK/IFLAG1 to 0 but not the IMASK2/IFLAG2, in which case, MQX 4.2 has a bug by not setting the default value register to 0..?

So are they 32 or 64 mb in K70

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

K70 has two identical FlexCAN  modules.

Each FlexCAN module contains 16 message buffers.Wish it helps

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

K70 has two identical FlexCAN  modules.

Each FlexCAN module contains 16 message buffers.Wish it helps

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Ok,

I just saw this in the chapter §3.9.4 CAN Configuration

Thank you:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos