Contributor I

Dear all,

I have the T2080 RDB devboard, and follow the manual to program the flash,

"

1. Set DIP switches as:

• SW1: 0100 1110 (ON is 0 and OFF is 1)

• SW2: 1011 1111

• SW3: 1100 0001

2. Run T2080RDB_RCW_override.cfg in CodeWarrior connection server (CCS) to override RCW.

3. Download SPI U-Boot at 0xfff40000, and set PC reg to 0xfffffffc.

"

it seems the T2080 uses the CPC as the SRAM at first, and then use CW to download the u-boot.bin to RAM, use the u-boot to burn the flash at last.

So my question is : How can I create the correct SPI u-boot.bin used for running in the SRAM, or can I download it from somewhere?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

gujiamao
Contributor I

Hi:

where did you find T2080RDB_RCW_override.cfg this file? 

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior USB TAP is obsolete and is not longer supported for new SoC including T2080. CodeWarrior TAP should be used instead.

Adrian

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please note that precompiled images (including the SPI u-boot) are provided in the SDK 1.9 images ISO (QorIQ SDK V1.9 PPC64E6500 IMAGE.iso) which could be downloaded using the following link:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/linux-sdk/linux-sdk-for-qoriq-proce...

0 Kudos

nickkung
Contributor I

Thanks,I am downloading it now..And how about the T2080RDB_RCW_override.cfg file? Does it also include in the sdk image?

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RCW override files are included in CodeWarrior (Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.0\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains\).

Adrian

0 Kudos

nickkung
Contributor I

Hi,all

Sorry for delay, I am busy with some other issues:smileyangry:, I was stuck in the 2nd step as I mentioned above, and I used the cw usb tap. Does it support t2080rdb debug?

001.jpg

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, CodeWarrior tap is supported for T2080.

Adrian

0 Kudos

ralftruebenbach
Contributor III

But this seems to be a CodeWarrior USB TAP and not a CodeWarrior TAP. Does the (old) CodeWarrior USB TAP also support the T2080?

0 Kudos