cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?Type of DAC in MK22FX512A uP

Jump to solution
michaelhuslig
Contributor IV

K22P144M120SF5V2RM.pdf, dated Mar 2015, Revision 5, says that the 12-bit DAC has only 2 12-bit data registers, DAT0L/H and DAT1L/H.  The RM also has references to 16 data registers that were probably left over when the RM was edited.  However, when trying to port my DAC code from the TWR K40, which worked with the 16 data registers, it also works in the MK22FX512A.  And the debugger sees all 16 data registers, DAT0L/H thru DAT15L/H.  Is the RM wrong?  Or should I not be using all 16 data registers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Micheal,

First off, I'd like to apologize to you for misunderstand your question.

I've confirmed that the MK22FX512AVLQ12 contains the 16 data registers and I'll report this doc error to the Document team for checking.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Micheal,

I think this is a bug or some simple write on the K22P144M120SF5V2RM.pdf, dated Mar 2015, Revision 5,.

For we can see that , when we create on project about this chip , there will 16 DATA registers , and aslo

in the old version , for example :

Document Number: K22P144M120SF5RM

Rev. 3, April 2014

it list all of them :

pastedImage_0.png

And in the new version , we can see the memory of DATA2-DATA15 have not been occupied by other register .

pastedImage_1.png

So i this the DAC of this K22 chip have 16 DAC_DAT registers.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
michaelhuslig
Contributor IV

Alice,

Note that the two RMs you mention are for different chips.  I am using the MK22FX512AVLQ12 for which the ...V2RM.pdf is supposed to cover.  The other RM does not cover the 'A' version of the uP.

Surely someone at Freescale/NXP knows whether the V2RM.pdf is in error.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Micheal,

First off, I'd like to apologize to you for misunderstand your question.

I've confirmed that the MK22FX512AVLQ12 contains the 16 data registers and I'll report this doc error to the Document team for checking.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Micheal,

The K40 contains the 12-bit DAC module which is as same as the K22's. The DATnL/H provides 16 bit to set the DAC output, however the 7~4 bits of the DAC_DACnH are reserved.

2016-01-04_16-31-47.jpg
Have a great day.
Ping

0 Kudos