MC9RS08KA2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9RS08KA2

jorgehoraciogon
Contributor II

I can´t download a empty program to my uC. The hardwire is well done, but Codewarrior cannot be communicate with the uC. What is it happening? The uC it is MC9RS08KA2

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jorge,

This is the configuration used on my side:

CW for MCU v10.6.4 + patches

TWR-ELEV + TWR-S08UNIV + TWR-RS08DC-KA8

Under CW for MCU v10.6.4 I've created an example for KA8 for OSBDM and P&E connection.

I can connect the TWR-S08UNIV using P&E Multilink Universal Rev B  and the example can be downloaded without problem.

Now for the OSBDM, it's another story ... I get some problems.

However on your side it seems you're using P&E interface and not OSBDM.

Using P&E Multilink Universal Interface I can download the application without problem

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jorgehoraciogon
Contributor II

IMG_20160105_090524.jpg

Sin título.jpg

Sin título1.jpg

Hello Pascal!

But I still can´t solve the problem. I´m adding a pic of the hardwire.

The uC is it new, but I think it could be a problem with the Multilink.

Also, I can see the driver in the Device Manager of Windows and appears is it working well.

Why CW can detect the Multilink and can´t be communicate with the uC if this is new?, do I need to change the Debug Configuration in the CW?

I remark, when I created the Boreboard Project, I selected the right options.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jorge,

Do you have an eval board to test the configuration ?

It could be fine to test the configuration (codeWarrior + Multilink).

On my my side it's working fine using Tower kit.

I don't think there is a problem with the Multilink as the 2 leds are switched-on.

The Multulink is detected by CodeWarrior following the Error.png file.

I think there is a problem between the Multilink and the device and this explain the error2.png file.

Most of the time, the message "error2.png" occurs when a wrong power supply is provided on-board or when the Multilink is not correctly connected to the board.

This question is may be more for hardware colleague.

I will move the question to them.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jorgehoraciogon
Contributor II

Thank you Pascal!

I solved the problem. I downloaded the firmware again and I could burn the uC.

Multilink can't program different families of uC before download the correct firmware.

Thank you and I expect this can help someone else in the future.

Have a great day too!