cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW license

joachimsandvik
Contributor I

Dear,

Where I can find the support for license for CW professional edition ?

We bought it last year from Freescale and now we have a problem with it. You can see the error below.

122338_122338.pngpastedImage_0.png

BR

Milos Ivanovic

Elcom Qfree Belgrade

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joachim

It seems that Vendor Daemon is not running properly, can you ping the server on the host successfully?

FOR THE SERVER: Place the file license.dat to the directory C:\FLEXlm\ on the server
FOR YOUR CLIENT MACHINES: Place the file license.dat to the directory where you installed the software for the client
(e.g C:\ Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU).

Could you please check the following document on the floating license set up?

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/brochure/FLTLICINSTWINBR.pdf

If this does not help, please attach you license file.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

joachimsandvik
Contributor I

Dear Fiona,

License.dat file is in attach.

Can you check that ?

Thank you

BR

Milos

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joachim,

May be I can provide you more information regarding this error.

Can you refer to the doc posted on community:

How to install/check if my floating license file is running ?

Now in your case the license file has expired since 19-August-2015.

As explained in the doc, in case of Floating license you need to check the log file generated on server side.

You need to renewal your registration and re-generated the license file.

You can have a look to:

How to renew support for CodeWarrior suite licenses

Wish you all the best for 2016.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

joachimsandvik
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

Where i can find next details below in screenshot ?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joachim

It seems that your CodeWarrior Suite is Annual Edition.  Could you please check its expired date? 

Please click on the <Order History> on this webpage to learn the expired date of your CodeWarrior Suite.

order.png

Or you can also find the similar information from <Product List>, then find your CodeWarrior v10.6.4.

license info.png

If your CodeWarrior Suite is expired, please renew your annual subscription.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Q: How do I renew the subscription for my annual subscription?

Renewals for the annual subscription suite can be purchased on the Freescale web store, an authorized Freescale distributor or through expiration reminder e-mail.

If you wish to purchase your subscription renewal online through the Freescale web store

1. Log in at www.freescale.com using your registered email address and password
  2. Order the appropriated part number from the chart below.

Suite Level

Support Renewal Part Number

Professional

CWA-PRO-R or DLA-PRO-R

Standard

CWA-STANDARD-R or DLA-STANDARD-R

Basic

CWA-BASIC-R or DLA-BASIC-R

1. Click on the part number and move to “Sample and Buy” option. Scroll down to Ordering Information section and click in Buy direct.
  2. Complete the Shopping Basket process. Once you complete your purchasing process an Order Confirmation screen should appear.
  3. 5. On Order confirmation screen click on Register Product.
  4. You need to select the parent entitlement ID on which your maintenance renewal will apply.
  5. Once selected, registration confirmation screen will appear showing the new expiration date for your product.

Note: in case you do not have a valid parent ID to apply your maintenance you’ll get this message: You currently do not have an active entitlement to the required software necessary to register this software product.

If you have already receive your subscription renewal code through your Freescale distributor do the following

1. 1. Enter to www.freescale.com/activation.
  2. Enter your maintenance renewal code.
  3. Select the parent entitlement to extend.
  4. Once selected, registration confirmation screen will appear showing the new expiration date for your product.

If you received an expiration reminder e-mail from Freescale.com. Click on the option to renew. This will add the maintenance renewal code to your shopping cart, from here do the following:

1. Complete the Shopping Basket process. Once you complete your purchasing process an Order confirmation screen should appear.
  2. On Order confirmation screen click on Register Product.
  3. You need to select the parent entitlement ID on which your maintenance renewal will apply.
  4. Once selected, registration confirmation screen will appear showing the new expiration date for your product.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

0 Kudos

joachimsandvik
Contributor I

I generated the license.dat. NOw error is next ?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Joachim,

in some cases,the message displayed in the Help + Freescale Licenses could provide wrong information.

There are some known cases with Floating license and with UBSDongle key too.

Again the right way to check if a floating license is running is to check the log file generated on server as explained in the doc.

I know there is a problem with USBdongle license file too which is providing LM_NOTTHISHOST message.

For details please have a look to :

USBdongle license is not running for CW for PA V10.4 and MCU V10.4 (sometimes) -&gt; "LM_NOTTHISHOST...

Hope this will help.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joachim

This error shows that the host ID that the license is locked to is inconsistent with the one on your PC. Please see below for how to get the ID for license locking.

Q: How can I get the Ethernet Address from a Windows PC?

1. 1.Launch a Command Prompt window
  2. 2.Run ipconfig /all
  3. 3.Copy the Physical Address value of the first Ethernet adapter listed
  4. 4.Paste value into the "Node Lock ID for license" text box
  5. 5.Enable the Ethernet Address option
  6. 6.Click Continue Activation

Q: How can I get the Disk ID from a Windows PC?

1. Open a DOS prompt
  2. Type ‘cd C:’ (return
  3. Type ’VOL’ (return)
  4. Copy the Volume Serial Number value without the dash

Q: How can I get the Ethernet Address from a Linux PC?

1. 1.Launch a Terminal window
  2. 2.Run /sbin/ifconfig eth0
  3. 3.Copy the HWaddr string (12-digit value)

Hope it helps! If not, please attach your new license file.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

0 Kudos