iMX6q Turn Off LVDS and HDMI on boot up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6q Turn Off LVDS and HDMI on boot up

ritesh_panchal
Contributor I

I am using im6qsabresd board. I am using x11 fsl-image-gui image.

I want to disable LVDS and HDMI output on booting. Just enabling UART console. And i just want to on LVDS or HDMI when i execute video play command. And after completion of video, turn off the LVDS and HDMI video.

I found that on boot up setting u-boot environment parameter will turn off LVDS/HDMI. But i unable to turn off. Can you show procedure for doing this?

I can able to turn off or on LVDS display after boot up by using following commands.

xset -display :0.0 dpms force off

xset -display :0.0 dpms force on

But can i make on/off display in gstreamer or gplay command?

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can make a plugin for gstreamer that serves the functionality you need (turn off/on the display).

Have a great day,                                                                                                                                                                  

Victor                                                                                                                                                                             

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                            

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!                                                                                       

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                            

0 Kudos

vijaikumar
Contributor III

For all the framebuffers you want to disable, you can use video= parameter

video=mxcfb0:off video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off

0 Kudos