Does encryption done from user key and black key generated from same user key is going to be same?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does encryption done from user key and black key generated from same user key is going to be same?

swapnilpendhare
Contributor III

Hi,

More description about query.

We can use red key and black key (combination of RNG and user key) for encryption or decryption of data. When we load black key in secure memory of CAAM and tell CAAM that its encrypted while loading.

Then anything encrypted from this key; will it be same as same data encrypted using same user key (from which this black key is derived) ?

As per my understanding to convert user key to black key RNG is involved. and once Decrypted original user key is loaded in secure memory. Hence encryption would be same?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Swapnil Pendhare.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a lot of confusion about red keys, black keys and secure memory in your questions.

Please  study i.MX6 Security Reference Manual Section 5.8.2 and onwards for information

how red keys are converted to black keys and how black/red keys can be loaded and used.

Further discussion of these matters in this Forum is not possible because it requires details

provided in NDA documentation. Should you have  more questions about red/black keys manipulation,

please be sure to open a Support Case. Visit the post at the URL below for instructions how to do that.

How I could create a Service Request?

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos