AnsweredAssumed Answered

FRDM-KE02Z40M Demo Code?

Question asked by Trent Foster on Dec 28, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 by Kerry Zhou

I'm looking for some Freescale support.  We have the FRDM-KE02Z40M board.  It has an accelerometer, a RTC, a thermistor, and an IR LED port.

I tried to get the board running using the QuickStart Package located here:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/freedom-development-boards/freescale-freedom-development-platform-for-kinetis-ke02-mcus:FRDM-KE02Z40M?fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

The process was ugly... the pre-compiled example is:

Lab_demo_frdm.srec

You are supposed to use the MSD Flash programmer to program that file.

But, the MSD Flash Programmer that is in the quick start package file is out of date.

And the bootloader that you use to program the MSD Flash Programmer is out of date.

Luckily, Brett had tipped me off to the problem with the bootloader and found the new bootloader code on the PEMicro site.

Also, the new MSD Flash Programmer is not on the NXP/Freescale site... you have to dig around and find it on the PEMicro site.

However, once, I got the bootloader updated and the MSD Flash Programmer updated, then I was able to get the Lab_demo_frdm.srec programmed.

And it works!  Sort of....

The demo works great for the thermistor:

It starts sampling data and shoving it out the serial port as expected:

The other functions, RTC, Accelerometer, etc... don't seem to do anything.  They say that they are starting a demo, but do not do anything.

The accelerometer function does seem to update an LED.  Is that all it is supposed to do?

I can't find the documentation on the Lab_demo.  There is a readme.txt file that says:

1. 2. Lab_demo_frdm:

Default demo. refer to user manual.

But, the demo is not mentioned in the user manual for this board.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/FRDMKE02Z40MUG.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=2&pageNum=1

What am I missing?

Outcomes