Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The USB1 of IMX28 enter suspend mode.

Jump to solution
liuxing
Contributor II

HI All,

when I do plug in/plug out tests for USB1 of IMX28,The usb1 controller maybe enter suspend mode sometimes.

The value of HW_USBCTRL_PORTSC1 register is 0x1C804800 or 0x18038A81 when this issue occurs.I must power on the PCB board again,otherwise the usb1 can't work any more.

This issue may often happen in attach process.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Liu,

I managed to track my imx28 issue down to the port PHY suspend/resume. If a usb device is unplugged then the PHY is put into shutdown. When a device is connected it is taken out of shutdown.

i found that sometimes it does not come out of shutdown and then attempted usb comms causes the usb controller to output incorrect data packets.

my current work around is to skip the PHY power down until I have time to figure out why this causes the port to stop responding.

see towards the end of my link in above post.

mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Liu,

I managed to track my imx28 issue down to the port PHY suspend/resume. If a usb device is unplugged then the PHY is put into shutdown. When a device is connected it is taken out of shutdown.

i found that sometimes it does not come out of shutdown and then attempted usb comms causes the usb controller to output incorrect data packets.

my current work around is to skip the PHY power down until I have time to figure out why this causes the port to stop responding.

see towards the end of my link in above post.

mark

0 Kudos
markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Hi Liu,

I have a similar issue where the USB port stops responding during device attach after several attach/detach of USB memory stick:

USB Attach Failure i.MX28 Windows CE 6.0 Memory Stick

I have been able to log the USB bus and found that once it gets stuck there is random data on the USB bus whenever a device is plugged in. All future transfers fail. The USB driver detects the attach and starts the attach process each time but fails at the first control transfer. I have to power cycle to recover the USB bus but then after a few more insertions it fails again.

I am looking into the root cause of this but so far I am unable to find what is causing it.

Mark

0 Kudos
liuxing
Contributor II

Hi,All,

How to make the usb1 to wake up from suspend mode.We found that replug the usb cable is useless.This issue is became very urgent for us.We must recover usb device if it enter suspend mode or avoid it to enter suspend mode.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liu

one can try attached patch, backport it (if necessary) for i.MX28 kernel.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor - do  you have the equivalent patch for Windows CE?

Kind regards, Mark

0 Kudos
liuxing
Contributor II

Hi igor,

I will try it later.However,Because I use the WINCE6.0 Platform, I will do some research on the linux code and translate it to wince platform.

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Hi Liu,

Did you manage to port this code to the Windows CE driver?

We have been experiencing intermittent USB memory stick issues under Windows CE with the i.MX28. Sometimes after inserting the stick the USB port does not respond - we have to power off and back on to get it to work again once it has failed.

I was wondering if you had managed to find the equivalent code in the iMX28 Windows CE driver and add the port reset?

Kind regards, Mark

0 Kudos
liuxing
Contributor II

Hi,

we  have also met a lot of problems of imx28's usb in wince plafrom.we have not found any solutions or workarounds at present.

0 Kudos