cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing i.MX6D DDR Frequency

matmergler
Contributor I

Hello,

We have designed a custom board using an i.MX6D processor.  We based our design on the i.MX6Q SabreSD card.

We experience occasional failures and believe it may be due to running the DDR clock at 528 MHz.  We would like to change the frequency to 400 MHz and see if our problems go away.  However I have not been able to change to 400 MHz successfully.

I have seen other threads on the forum addressing this issue.  From what I could gather only ONE change should need to be made--adding the following line to the appropriate u-boot *.cfg file:

DATA 4, 0x020c4018, 0x00060324

Once this change is made our board hangs on power-up.

Should this simple change to the u-boot *.cfg file work?  Or are there additional steps that must be taken that I am unaware of?

Note that all software development is performed using the following bundle from Freescale:  fsl-L3.10.17_1.0.0_iMX6qdls_Bundle.gz.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I can send You some codes regarding frequency changing from

DDR stress test. Note : DDR stress codes are not provided; so, please

create request / case for it.

1)Please open www.nxp.com
2)On the top level menu, select Support > Sales and Support (http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME).
3)On the bottom of the page, select Hardware & Software.
4)Register with your business email to access the technical NXP online support.
5)A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the embedded link to verify your access.
6)On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Sometimes it should be needed twice.

Regards,

Yuri.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mathew Mergler,

Perhaps the following thread may be of help:

how to change DDR clock of i.mx6

Regards,

0 Kudos