cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 solo Linux driver not work for SPANSION SPI nor flash

edison_xu1981
Contributor II

HI Community,

I use IMX6 SOLO YOCTO 3.10.x kernel on my board with SPANSION SPI Nor FLASH (S25FL128S), I've update U-BOOT to support it. In the kernel, I expect m25p80.c could work with spi-imx driver however it seems not works (fail on the Jedec probe phase). After a closer look (compared with the U-BOOT drivers), seems the spi-imx driver expect the device is with 8 bits/words, and issue multiple burst (negative the CS after 8 bits boundary) on the device. Obviously it won't work on my FLASH memory because the device expect continuously CS/CLK to shift out the JEDEC ID. Any idea to support it or I must modify the controller driver?

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

garyswalling
Contributor I

I hear that the i.MX6 SPI board driver has some limitations.  Please consider using the stand-alone SPI driver stack included in the patch "Linux MTD Patch for Kernel 3.0.15" from Cypress (formerly Spansion) at this page:

http://www.spansion.com/Support/Pages/DriversSoftware.aspx

0 Kudos

edison_xu1981
Contributor II

I saw on 2.6.35 BSP for IMX535 LOCO board, there is a mxc_m25p80 driver will add some patch on the top of m25p80, is someone intent to add the same for 3.10.0 yocto version?

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Seems that the only way to meet the specific requirements of your SPI NOR Flash device is to modify the kernel SPI NOR Flash driver.

Have a great day,
Artur

0 Kudos