Cannot find MQX Lite option in Code Warrior 10.6 (Special)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find MQX Lite option in Code Warrior 10.6 (Special)

Jump to solution
huang_hw
Contributor II

I currently have CodeWarrior for MCU   Version: 10.6 Build Id:140329 (Special Edition). I am able to create bareboard projects (with some Processor Expert components).

I do not have the option File -> New -> Processor Expert MQX Lite Project. (as specified in the MQXLite User Guide).

When I try to create a new project, the choices given are: Linux/uCLinux Application Project, Bareboard Project, Embedded Component, Project.., Others..

I also cannot find the MQX Lite Project option under the "Project.." or "Others..." options.

What must I install or change to get the MQX Lite Project option to appear?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello wong,

What about  your CodeWarrior License ?

Only the Professional CW can use the mqx-lite .

You can check the CW suite reference guide of the attachment .

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello HW,

Please check have you install the "MQX-LITE wizard component" here :

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

0 Kudos
huang_hw
Contributor II

After installing, I do get the MQX-Lite Project when I do a File->New to create new project.

AfterInstallMQXLite.jpg

However, if I choose MQX-Lite Project by clicking it, nothing happens. (not even an error message).

(Could be something else which I need to install)

Thanks for the help so far.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Have you install the MQX4.2 ?

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
huang_hw
Contributor II

Sorry if I sound like I am asking the obvious; what else must I do to be able to add MQX Lite to new or existing projects?

After installing CodeWarrior MQX 4.2 Plug-ins, I still have

a) No respond when I choose to create a new project and then choose MQX Lite.

a) Do not have the category OS when I try to add MQX Lite to an existing project.

(see diagram below)

CodeWarrior_ComponentsLib_Cat_NoOS_160101.jpg

I already have MQX Plug-ins, MQX 4.0.x Plug-ins, MQX 4.1 Plug-ins, MQX 4.2 Plug-ins and MQX-Lite Project Wizard component all installed when I experience the symptoms described above. See the screen-dump showing the relevant areas of the "Installed Software".

CodeWarrior_installation_details_partial_160101.jpg

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello wong,

What about  your CodeWarrior License ?

Only the Professional CW can use the mqx-lite .

You can check the CW suite reference guide of the attachment .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
huang_hw
Contributor II

Thanks Alice.

I guess that solves the "mystery".

From your attached "CW reference guide", it seems MQX Lite is only available for Kinetis using Code Warrior Professional license.

I guess I am both on the "wrong" MPU and license since I am using the Code Warrior Eclipse License (Special) for S12Z MPU.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You are welcome ! Yes, for the S12Z chips, no matter how , the mqx-lite doesn't support it .

Have a nice day !

Alice

0 Kudos