cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zigbee and ble stacks for imx6

bonzo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have a customer that wants to use our MCR20 or other  radio but wants to run the Zigbee and BLE stacks on the host iMX6UL.

They do not want to use a module because of the large volumes they expect, and they need a low cost solution.

Brad

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Bradley,

Since the MCR20A radio only supports the 802.15.4 stacks, it is not possible to use both the ZigBee AND BLE stacks in a single chip with an external radio, it is only possible by using the KW40Z MCU which contains both radios.

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

taodong
Contributor II

Hello EarlOrlando:

We have a plan to use your 802.15.4 2.4G transceiver MCR20AVHM,does it possible to use your Freescale 802.15.4 MAC with another MCU,I mean MCU from other company,like STM?And if this is OK,how should I use it?Because I found part of the  Freescale 802.15.4 MAC showed to us with .a(lib file)?

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Tao,

Since the MCR20A transceiver is controlled trough SPI, you could use it with any MCU with SPI communication. However, if you want to do this, you would have to build your own stack which is not feasible. If you are interested in use our Freescale/NXP 802.15.4 MAC stack you should use a Kinetis MCU.

You have many Kinetis MCU options. Depending on your requirements you could use a Kinetis K64F or a Kinetis KL46Z in conjunction with the MCR20A. Also, the Kinetis KW2xD and the Kinetis KW20Z have a transceiver embedded in their packages so you would avoid the need of an external transceiver.

I widely recommend you to take a look into the Kinetis KW24D512 MCU.

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos