cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS for KL03?

Jump to solution
angelsix
Contributor I

I've got some KL03 chips coming, and the FRDM-KL03Z coming. I'm trying to figure out how to program them.

Apparently you can use the KDS, which is even on the KL03 page as the software to use.

I've downloaded KDS from the website, for Mac and Windows. Doesn't even open on Mac freezes at the selecting a workspace folder. On windows it installs but creating a new project or anything else, in the Processors and Boards it doesnt have the KL03's.

Done hte Check for Updates and updated to 3.1.0 which also doesnt show any support for it.

Downloaded the SDK 1.3 but it just installs into a seperate folder and I have no way to do anything with it or "link" it to KDS.

So right now, I can't find a way to even write a single line of code for the KL03 chips?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you downloaded and installede the Kinetis SDK, and then applied the following Eclipse update:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\tools\eclipse_update\KSDK_1.3.0_Eclipse_Update.zip

?

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you using El Capitan? If so, there is a known problem (and solution) here:

KDS on OS X El Capitan (Beta)

KDS 3 For OS X El Capitan - Not Working

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
angelsix
Contributor I

I am but I got the Windows one working fine. Still doesnt change the fact it doesnt support KL03 processors?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you downloaded and installede the Kinetis SDK, and then applied the following Eclipse update:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\tools\eclipse_update\KSDK_1.3.0_Eclipse_Update.zip

?

Erich

0 Kudos
angelsix
Contributor I

Thanks. Thats the part I was missing. Now I can create projects for the KL03 processors.

One more question save opening another thread for a related topic. What programmers work with the KL03s? I have ordered a Cyclone Max and a U-multilink. Will either of those do the job?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The usual choices are: P&E Multilink (P&E Microcomputer Systems ) or Segger J-Link (SEGGER). Both companies have multiple offerings with different features and price points. I'm personally both using the P&E Multilink and the Segger J-Link, but there are other vendors offering JTAG/SWD debug probes for ARM devices.

Erich

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos