Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ahn,

S12ZVL:

Unfortunately current S12ZVL derivatives (up to 32kB Flash) do not contain CAN module.

Release of new revision with up to 128kB Flash and CAN module is currently planned for Q2 2016.

S12ZVC:

S12ZVC derivatives contains CAN module and CAN physical layer, unfortunately LIN physical layer was not implemented. So you will additionally need external LIN PHY(connected to one of internal SCI module).

S12ZVM:

You could also use one of S12ZVML derivatives with CAN module and LIN PHY. In this case, you will need external CAN PHY.

Note: ZVML32, ZVML31, ZVM32 and ZVM16 derivatives don’t have CAN module.

S12ZVMC have additional 5V regulator instead of LIN PHY which could be used for powering external CAN PHY (You will need external CAN PHY and LIN PHY).

Note: S12ZVMC256 with CAN PHY is not yet available.

Other:

If you don’t need 12 power supply, you could also use one of older automotive MCUs like S12G:

http://www.nxp.com/products/automotive-products/microcontrollers-and-processors/16-bit-s12-s12x-mcus...

Or S12XE:

http://www.nxp.com/products/automotive-products/microcontrollers-and-processors/16-bit-s12-s12x-mcus...

These MCUs do not contain CAN/LIN PHYs.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ahnjoseph
Contributor III

Thank you

S12ZVC:

S12ZVC derivatives contains CAN module and CAN physical layer, unfortunately LIN physical layer was not implemented. So you will additionally need external LIN PHY(connected to one of internal SCI module).

If The S12zvc add external LIN PHY then Can i use LIN Communication with NXP Lib ?

Must be operating  Dual communication ( CAN & LIN)

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ahn,

Unfortunately I am not sure what you mean by NXP Lib.

If you mean LIN stack (formerly LIN driver), than yes. S12ZVC is fully supported by last LIN stack release (FSL LIN 2.x Stack Package 4.5.4).

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ahn,

S12ZVL:

Unfortunately current S12ZVL derivatives (up to 32kB Flash) do not contain CAN module.

Release of new revision with up to 128kB Flash and CAN module is currently planned for Q2 2016.

S12ZVC:

S12ZVM:

You could also use one of S12ZVML derivatives with CAN module and LIN PHY. In this case, you will need external CAN PHY.

Note: ZVML32, ZVML31, ZVM32 and ZVM16 derivatives don’t have CAN module.

S12ZVMC have additional 5V regulator instead of LIN PHY which could be used for powering external CAN PHY (You will need external CAN PHY and LIN PHY).

Note: S12ZVMC256 with CAN PHY is not yet available.

Other:

If you don’t need 12 power supply, you could also use one of older automotive MCUs like S12G:

Or S12XE:

These MCUs do not contain CAN/LIN PHYs.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS