AnsweredAssumed Answered

Enable srio through SerDes for t4240rdb

Question asked by Nora Björklund on Dec 16, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 by ufedor

Hi,

I have been trying to configure the SerDes protocols for T4240RDB to allow me to use SRIO. And I have been following the "USDPAA SRA User Manual" to configure the system.

I configured the RCW to use:          A     B     C     D     E     F     G     H

* SERDES1 Protocol: 27 (0x1b)      |-----------  8x sg (1.25G)  -----------|

* SERDES2 Protocol: 55 (0x37)      |-- 4x XFI (10G)--|- 4x sg (1.25G) -|

* SERDES3 Protocol: 5 (0x5)        |--PCIe (5/2.5G)--|-SRIO1 (5/2.5G)|

* SERDES4 Protocol: 9 (0x9)          | PCI3 (5/2.5G) -|--PCIe4--|2xSATA|

I also enabled the kernel configurations mentioned in the manual, and when I boot the kernel I get the following output (same as mentioned in the manual):

e1000e: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - 2.3.2-k

e1000e: Copyright(c) 1999 - 2013 Intel Corporation.

fsl-of-srio ffe0c0000.rapidio: Rapidio UIO driver initialized

fsl-of-dma ffe100300.dma: dma channel dma-uio0-0 initialized

fsl-of-dma ffe100300.dma: dma channel dma-uio0-1 initialized

I then have a srio riser card (OSS-PCIe-HIB25-x4-H) that could be connected to a PCIe extension port, however, I can only connect it to the "upper part" of the 8x extension port available on the RDB board (this should be the one referred to by SERDES3).

srio-riser.png

And when booting linux with this I cannot use srio (I have connected the card to another srio port on a t4240qds board where I have already verified the SRA application), I get the following error:

root@t4240rdb-64b:~# sra

Port 1 is not ready.

Try to restart connection...

sra: fsl_srio_connection(): Input/output error

Port 2 is not ready.

Try to restart connection...

sra: fsl_srio_connection(): Input/output error

sra: main(): fsl_srio_port_connected

So, I assume that I either have done something wrong when creating the RCW, or the card is connected to the "wrong" side of the connector, i.e the E-H are on the lower part of the connector.In that case: How do I re-write the RCW to be able to use the upper part (A-D)? Or do have to get a riser card with two ports?

Best Regards,

Nora Björklund

Outcomes