cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Initialization does not rewrite MCUinit

carloszelayeta
Contributor I

Hi.

I have a question regarding the use of the Device Initialization feature. I have a project created whith this feature enabled. In the target CPU tab I initialized some peripherals and generated the code. Then, If I make some changes to the configuration of the peripherals, the changes are not applied, even though I regenerate the code and when I compile there is a dialog that alerts that DeviceInitialization.pe has changed.

If I manually make some changes to the automatically generated code of MCUinit.c, within the parts of the file that are supposed to be rewritten automatically, those changes persist after generating the code and compiling.

Why is this happening? Am I using the Device Initialization tool wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carlos,

- About "If I manually make some changes to the automatically generated code of MCUinit.c," , after you change the code ,

please select "Don't Write Generated Component Modules" , then after you build , the changed code won't disappear.

pastedImage_0.png

- About "If I make some changes to the configuration of the peripherals, the changes are not applied," , please tell me you use which CW,

and chip, use which component, initialize which part, then i will test it on my side .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great day,
Alice Yang

0 Kudos

carloszelayeta
Contributor I

Hi Alice.

Thanks for your help.

My CW is 10.1.

After posting the question, I found this user guide.​ It helped me understand better the difference between Device Initialization and Processor Expert.

I had created my project enabling Processor Expert. I started a new one, enabling this time Device Initialization, and now it works OK. I moved all my source files to the new project and the problem is solved.

About the options your mention, I don't even have that menu. Looks like I don't have Processor Expert installed, only Device Initialization. Anyway, my problem seems solved.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos