AnsweredAssumed Answered

Porting the i.MX6 build to a different environment

Question asked by Michael Worster on Dec 11, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 by gusarambula

I have a OpenEmbedded environment and I'd like to try and just move the i.MX6 BSP (u-boot & Kernel) to it, such that I can build my own root file system for the i.MX6 SABRE hardware. I went ahead and moved a subset of the meta-fsl-arm directory to my OpenEmbedded system, here's what I kept:

meta-fsl-arm/

├── classes

│   ├── fsl-dynamic-packagearch.bbclass

│   ├── fsl-eula-unpack.bbclass

│   ├── image_types_fsl.bbclass

│   └── mfgtool-initramfs-image.bbclass

├── conf

│   ├── layer.conf

│   └── machine

├── efl-layer

│   └── recipes-efl

├── EULA

├── README

├── recipes-bsp

│   ├── alsa-state

│   ├── barebox

│   ├── elftosb

│   ├── firmware-imx

│   ├── imx-bootlets

│   ├── imx-kobs

│   ├── imx-lib

│   ├── imx-test

│   ├── imx-uuc

│   ├── imx-vpu

│   ├── libmcc

│   ├── mqxboot

│   ├── mxsldr

│   └── u-boot

├── recipes-fsl

│   ├── images

│   └── packagegroups

├── recipes-kernel

│   ├── kernel-module-mcc

│   └── linux

└── scripts

└── get-maintainer

After this I can see the imx6 machine types are now available, but the build is giving me issues. Two problems have come up. First a number of the recipes DEPENDS on "lzop-native" and "bc-native", and on the system I tried to transplant the i.MX6 recipes to I'm getting an error:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'bc-native' (but /home/mike/ccf/ulf/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.10.17.bb, /home/mike/ccf/ulf/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-rt_3.10.17.bb, /home/mike/ccf/ulf/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-fslc_3.14.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

I tried looking around on the fsl-release-bsp setup, but I couldn't find any recipe that "PROVIDES" these. Where are these obtained or how is this dependency supposed to work?

Is there a better guide or suggestions on adding the i.MX6 bsp recipes to another setup?

Outcomes