Is there any demo for frdmk64f using SAI component generated by Processor Expert?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any demo for frdmk64f using SAI component generated by Processor Expert?

FeibiaoZhou
Contributor II

Hi, I am trying to use K64f120 (on FRDM K64f board) microcontroller to receive/send audio data to an audio CODEC. I used Processor Expert to generate the code for this component and it failed to run the code properly and all the time it is going through the loop of "saiCom1_TxCallback" although I did not start to send the data yet.

I set K64f120 is in slave mode and the CODEC is the master and I can see the data output from the CODEC data pin and also the correct frame clock and bit clock signal feeding to the K64f120 related pins. My question: is there any one have made it work in this way? Thanks.        

KDS 3.0.0, KSDK 1.3.0, OS BareMetal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Feibiao,

I widely recommend you to take a look into the soundcard device that is included in the Kinetis SDK 1.3.0, this is found in the path C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\platform\composite\src\soundcard, it uses the SAI driver to control the CODEC SGTL5000. It is an excellent example driver to build a new one.

Please let me know if this is useful, otherwise we can look for an alternative.

Best regards,

Earl Ramírez.

0 Kudos

FeibiaoZhou
Contributor II

Thanks, Earl

The example is helpful. But I also would like to know is there any one who can generate the I2S (or SAI) module code with the Processor Expert successfully? I just cannot make it work. The PE makes life much easier and it helps to sort out the interrupt handlers as well.

Thanks again.

Feibiao  

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Feibiao,

Perhaps the configuration in PEx is missing something, I recommend you to compare the code generated by PEx with the soundcard code to detect a potential difference which should be reflected in the PEx configurations.

\ER.

0 Kudos

FeibiaoZhou
Contributor II

Thanks, Earl.

I am trying to check out that.

Feibiao

0 Kudos