How do I add a new driver to Code Warrior IDE in a new folder

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a new driver to Code Warrior IDE in a new folder

ddpd
Contributor III

I have to add MSCAN driver of TRKKEA128 to Code warrior IDE.  This driver has 3 folders in it CAN_cfg, CAN_inc and CAN_src.

Earlier I used to copy and place the header files to Project_Headers and source files to Sources.

But I know there is a method in which we can include the folders to compile independently rather than moving it into Project_Headers  and Sources.

Could you please tell me where should I include the paths.

Thanks

Labels (1)
6 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello David.

please check settings as below:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ddpd
Contributor III

Hi Jennie Zhang,

The above pictures are same even in my case. I created a new project.

And then added a new folder MSCAN_DRIVER  and included that path in Settings->Directories->MSCAN_DRIVER.

This automatically added the paths in "Paths and Symbols->GNUC->".

But when I build the project, it shows msCANdrv.h file is not found. But it is found in "MSCAN_DRIVER/CAN_inc".

I have attached the screen shot here for reference..

1.png

2.png

3.png

Let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

ddpd
Contributor III

Hi Jennie Zhang,

I added separate path for MSCAN_DRIVER/CAN_inc and MSCAN_DRIVER/CAN_cfg.

I got it working.

May I request you to help me through this thread https://community.freescale.com/message/596581?et=watches.email.thread#596581 .

The discussion was going on for a while with "Ma Hui". But unfortunately "Ma Hui" is out of office for this week as it was told that it will be redirected to another colleague. Could you please speed up the process. I have asked the question in detail in my last post of the same thread. The new colleague will have to read only my last post in that thread to understand the problem.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

no problem, I have asked my colleague Likan answered it. :-)

please check https://community.freescale.com/message/596581?et=watches.email.thread#596581

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ddpd
Contributor III

Thanks Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you are welcome!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos