Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution help: IMX.6q EIM with FPGA data acquisition

Jump to solution
lishenglong
Contributor I

Hello,

I want to design a solution based on The IMX6.q, which dose data acquisition.

The data acquisition device is FPGA, and the reading and writing speed of  data acquisition is 200MB/s.

Now, the FPQA device communicates with IMX6.q through by EIM control.

However, maximum frequency of the EIM main clock is 133Mhz.

My questions are as following:

1.The EIM can support 200MB/s speed?

2.If it's ok, how to design it?(Burst Clock mode + SDMA or not)

Thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Li

max. BCLK frequency is defined as 104MHz, sect.4.9.3 External Interface Module (EIM)

i.MX6DQ Datasheet (rev.4, 7/2015)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf

With SDMA one can achieve 8 beats bursts. So in theory EIM can support 200MB/s speed.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Li

max. BCLK frequency is defined as 104MHz, sect.4.9.3 External Interface Module (EIM)

i.MX6DQ Datasheet (rev.4, 7/2015)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf

With SDMA one can achieve 8 beats bursts. So in theory EIM can support 200MB/s speed.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos