cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Q preferred part list for Memory

romabhagat
Contributor I

Hello,

We would like to know if there is preferred part list for memory devices wherein all performance is guaranteed.

Sabre board uses following manufacturers for memory components:

DDR3L: Micron

eMMC NAND Flash: Micron

SPI NOR Flash: Nymonyx

Our query is can we use different vendors, for example as listed below:

DDR3L: Samsung, Hynix

eMMC NAND Flash: Toshiba

SPI NOR Flash: Spansion.

Pls do let me know if using other manufacturers, drop-in replacement part is recommended or not.

Pls. do revert on same at the earliest.

Thanks,

Roma

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roma

one can use parts of different vendors provided that they conform i.MX6 datasheet requirements.

Also you can create service request to obtain list of some verified ddr and emmc parts.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

romabhagat
Contributor I

Hello Igor,

Thank you for your revert.

With the change in the website, I am unable to find the exact link for creating service request.

I would appreciate if you would share the link for same.

Regards,

Roma Bhagat

Technical Lead - Hardware

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roma

1) Please visit www.nxp.com and click on Support on the top of the webpage. 2) Select Sales and Support under Support Resources session. 3) Scroll down to the bottom ,click on “hardware & Software” . 4) Register by your business email to enter NXP Community 5) Get verification email and verify your account. 6) Select "contact support" on the top and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos