cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S12XS128 Verify Error

Jump to solution
spiros
Contributor II

Hello pgo i have a small problem with an s12xs128 mcu,i successfully reflash the rom file that i have in linear address $7E0000 but when i try to verify fail and get this message " that buffer is not agreed with the content".

What do you think is the problem and i can't verify the file that aleready is inside?

Mcu is not secured.

Spiros

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Spiros,

The USBDM programmer uses two different methods to verify the image programmed.  A more complicated method used during programming and a simpler read-back used for the "Verify" function.  Unfortunately the second method doesn't handle linear addresses correctly.

I have attached a modified programming file that uses the 1st method at both times so that the separate verify will correctly validate the flash contents.

Note: It was the verify which was in error.  The programming and programming verify was correct.

I will have to consider the appropriate long-term approach.

bye

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Spiros,

I have just retested with a MC9S12XS128 and it passed the tests I tried.

Could you provide the image you are trying to program so that I can test further?

Also:

• how was the image file produced?
  • What BDM hardware?
  • What Operating system

Thanks.

0 Kudos
spiros
Contributor II

I provide you the file that i have the problem.

The bdm hardware is the JM version with firmware 4.10.6 but the same problem occurs with the JB version.

The operating system is windows xp.

Thank you

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Spiros,

The USBDM programmer uses two different methods to verify the image programmed.  A more complicated method used during programming and a simpler read-back used for the "Verify" function.  Unfortunately the second method doesn't handle linear addresses correctly.

I have attached a modified programming file that uses the 1st method at both times so that the separate verify will correctly validate the flash contents.

Note: It was the verify which was in error.  The programming and programming verify was correct.

I will have to consider the appropriate long-term approach.

bye

spiros
Contributor II

Hello pgo

Yes the programming-verify works great only the verify was the problem.

Thank you for the quick fix.

Spiros

0 Kudos