Can I use the LCD_DATA Pins as Inputs for Cortex-M4 on SoloX ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the LCD_DATA Pins as Inputs for Cortex-M4 on SoloX ?

Jump to solution
ultrafx
Contributor I

Hi,

I am new to the I.MX6 processors. For my Masters Thesis, I need a system that is able to receive parallel 8-Bit data at around 40 MHz. I also need an application processor running Linux to process the received data.

I found the I.MX6 SoloX that has an Cortex-M9 and M4 on one chip.

I would like to know if I can access all Peripherals and GPIOs of the I.MX6 directly with the Cortex-M4 core and if it is possible to capture data with the Cortex-M4 with 40 MHz and then send it to the A9 via Messaging Unit? Or is there a way I can use the DDR memory and DMA to share the received data between M4 and A9 ?

I want to use the SABRE Board for this. The only GPIOs I could use on that are the LVDS or the LCD data connectors. Can I modify Linux and the Cortex-M4 firmware in a way that the LCD_Data lines can be used as regular GPIO Inputs and can I use them with the Cortex-M4 ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nicolas

one can access peripherals and GPIOs of the I.MX6 directly with the Cortex-M4 core

also one can use DDR memory to share data. Though I doubt that 40 MHz is achievable.

>Can I modify Linux and the Cortex-M4 firmware in a way that the LCD_Data lines can be

>used as regular GPIO Inputs and can I use them with the Cortex-M4 ?

yes

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nicolas

one can access peripherals and GPIOs of the I.MX6 directly with the Cortex-M4 core

also one can use DDR memory to share data. Though I doubt that 40 MHz is achievable.

>Can I modify Linux and the Cortex-M4 firmware in a way that the LCD_Data lines can be

>used as regular GPIO Inputs and can I use them with the Cortex-M4 ?

yes

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ultrafx
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer, Igor.

But I think when you say the Cortex-M4 might not be fast enough to read data at 40 MHz I'd better look for alternatives.

0 Kudos