cannot put the target into STOP mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot put the target into STOP mode

shirleyxu
Contributor I

I'm trying to get JTAG connection to the processor mpc8280 with USB TAP.

1)   I choose debug mode in codewarrior, but it always gives the message "mpc603eicannot put the target into STOP mode". While in this case, after giving power supply before debugging , the current of the circuit board is unstable, it'll rise to a certain value and fall down to a stable value.

2)   Yesterday a new problem arose. That is, the current gets stable, but the message changed into “writereg error:writereg MBAR 0xf0000000 failed”. And if I debug again without removing the power supply, the program will stop at "__flush_cache" before entering the main function.

3)   Sometimes the error will be "no connection to the target or unrecognized processor".

Can you give me some guidance in interpreting these errors ?

Thanks and Regards,

min Xu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Min Xu,

Please capture and attach your CCS log, it contains the detailed communication information between CodeWarrior and the target board.

In your CodeWarrior 8.8 project, please enable CCS log from Edit->Debug Version Setting->Debugger->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection->Enable logging, connect to the target from Debug->Connect, the CCS log will be printed in the console.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

shirleyxu
Contributor I

Hello Yiping,

The attachment is my CCS log, I'm new to freescale MCUs and don't know the meaning of it. How is the CCS log? Where do I find the manual of it?

When Codewarrior is connecting the target board, the following information merges. What's its meaning?

2015-12-18_202014.png

Looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks,

Min

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Min,

If your target board is set to boot_high you need to use CodeWarrior initialization file 8250_AM_Rattler_init_high.cfg, otherwise please use the file 8250_AM_Rattler_init.cfg.

According to your CCS log, it seems that your target board configuration is not coincident with CW initialization file.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

shirleyxu
Contributor I

Hello Yiping,

Sorry to reply you late. I tried different CW initialization files, but it doesn't work.

Another thing is that we have two same boards. One of them is the board with above problems and sometimes can enter debug mode. Another one never enter debug mode and gives the message "mpc603eicannot put the target into STOP mode" everytime. 

Do you have any other suggestions?

Many thanks,

Min

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Min,

I searched out internal database, and got that this was a know issue cause by hardware, please refer to the following hardware workaround.

There are known problems using a USB TAP to debug the A&M 8250 and 8280 rattler targets. There was an early recommendation to change some resistor values, but there was a better solution, adding a small ceramic bypass capacitor (0.01uF, 1206 package) on the target between TRST and GND.

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos