cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to KL02 where to start ?

ralphdeffke
Contributor II

Hi there,

we want to use the KL02Z32 hence the small package with 32/4Kb. But the datasheet I find is not sufficient for any Hardware development.

Can someone guide me with where to start and where to find user manual of the KL02 ?

Thanks you very much

Ralph

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ralph,

What about your chip full part number ?

Refer to the information you give : 32/4Kb , you can refer to this RM:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/KL02P20M48SF0RM.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Reference%2...

If it not the RM of your chip , please tell me the part number of your chip .

Hope it helps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great day,
Alice

0 Kudos

ralphdeffke
Contributor II

Yea, yepp, I should know better what I want.

My challenge is that I have to design the board first, before I can dive into the firmware development for out board. I am completely novice for the Freescale MCU flavors. (not to ARM so)

We are using the MKL02Z32VFG4 of the family and I have problems to figure out the pin assignment for the two wire debugger. Isn't a reset pin needed for this?

Also I need to set up one pin to wake up the MCU from deep sleep.

Any reference schematics for that chip flavor would help a lot too.

Thanks

Ralph

0 Kudos

joeygouly
Contributor IV

Check out the user manual for the FRDM-KL02Z board: Freedom Development Platform for Kinetis KL02|NXP

Has some schematics and explanations!

0 Kudos

ralphdeffke
Contributor II

I did, but this is a multi pin MCU.

I am using the 16pin QFN version so many info given are not for me. I was hoping to get help in filtering what is relevant for me.

I fired up the MCU professor in the IDE and see the pins I can configure for the reset, clk and data pin.

Am I completely free to choose from the selection or there are any recommendations on that little chip ?

And what are the pin SystemControl/scb_nm for ? the manual it doesn't find that term.

freescale.JPG

thanks

Ralph

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ralph,

Yes, you need refr to the Pinout Joey mentioned , then configure the register of PORTx_PCRn -> MUX :

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

joeygouly
Contributor IV

Normally there is only one option for reset, clk and data pins per MCU.

In the reference manual here http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/KL02P32M48SF0RM.pdf

Look at section 10.3 Pinout. It will tell you which pin is used for which function.

0 Kudos