Porting Sensor fusion toolbox to FRDM-K82F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Sensor fusion toolbox to FRDM-K82F

pavelhaintz
Contributor II

Has the sensor fusion toolbox been ported to the FRDM-K82F? 

If not, which version K22F? K64F? would be the best to port?

Thanks,

Pavel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pavel, we have not ported to FRDM-K82F, but K64F is supported for both CodeWarrior and KDS.  And the K22F is supported for KDS only.  There should be no reason you could not port to the new K82F however.  From a hardware perspective, It certainly has the flash and RAM complement required.  I haven't done a detailed analysis of the shield connections, but expect it will be compatible with the FRDM-FXS-MULT2-B board, as well as the FRDM-FXS_AGMP01.  The one thing I don't know (perhaps someone from the MCU division can chime in?) is whether there is Processor Expert support for it.  The current sensor fusion kit (V5.00) utilizes LDDs for the serial ports.  We don't have a full port to KDSK yet.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

pavelhaintz
Contributor II

Hi Mike

We are using KDS and the AGM01 sensor board.  We are looking at the new K82F because of the encrypted secure boot loader, which is not available for the K22F or K64F.

Thanks,

Pavel

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pavel, you should be fine with both boards, you'll just have a bit of porting to do.  I don't see the K82F listed under supported devices for Processor Expert.  I'll check with my coworkers on Monday and see if they have anything that can jump start you using the KSDK.    There is a portability discussion at https://github.com/memsindustrygroup/Open-Source-Sensor-Fusion/wiki/Portability%20Topics.  This was written with Version 4.22 of the fusion library in mind, but most of it still applies to Version 5.00.  There's also a fair amount of material in the sensor fusion user's guide.

Mike

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pavel,

I recommend you stick with either the K64F or K22F for now.    We'll be looking at KDSK ports in the future, but it's a bit more involved than you probably want to take on.

Mike

0 Kudos

pavelhaintz
Contributor II

Hi Mike

Is there a secure bootloader with encryption available for the K22F or K64F?

Thanks,

Pavel

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pavel,

You’ll have to post that question to the Kinetis community. I’ve no idea.

Mike

0 Kudos