Error return during gpio_request_array -16 (-EBUSY) on custom board using i.MX6Q

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error return during gpio_request_array -16 (-EBUSY) on custom board using i.MX6Q

yogeshgupta
Contributor I

Hi

I have to configure some pins as GPIO IN/OUT on our custom board having i.MX6 Q.

There were 2 ways to do this first via DT and second is change the mach-xxx.c i.e. in kernel

I opted for 2nd one and used mxc_iomux_v3_setup_multiple_pads() to change the PIN MUX/PAD setting and gpio_request_array() to configure the direction of gpio from .init_machine function.

But I am getting error from gpio_request_array with return value -16 (-EBUSY) i.e. /* Device or resource busy */

The gpio array is of type

{IMX_GPIO_NR(6, 10 )  ,  GPIOF_IN ,  " Toggle "}.....................

While debugging I put the PIN muxing part in kernel in init_machine and gpio_request_array in a custom gpio driver but I am getting the same error again and again.

Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to 3.5 (IOMUX) of “i.MX_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf”.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.14.38_6UL_LINUX_DOCS

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos