Having trouble with TPM interrupt in output compare mode on FRDM-KL03Z with KSDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with TPM interrupt in output compare mode on FRDM-KL03Z with KSDK

ken_sloat
Contributor II

Hello,

On the FRDM-KL03Z I'm having trouble with the TPM interrupt. I have used processor expert to configure TPM0 to run at 125 KHz in Output Compare Mode (with no pin output) with a Match Value of 125 (in order to generate a 1 ms interrupt). I have setup my PE options as follows:

111017_111017.pngSelection_184.png

111018_111018.pngSelection_185.png

With the following basic code to verify since the interrupt wasn't firing:

uint32_t foo = 0, foo2 = 0;

TPM_DRV_CounterStart(general_timer_IDX, kTpmCountingUp, 65535U,false);

while(1)

{

foo2 = TPM_DRV_CounterRead(general_timer_IDX);

if(foo2 >= 125)

{

foo = 0;

}

}

Interrupt function is in another file like this:

PE_ISR(general_timer_IRQHandler) {

soundBuzzer();

TPM_DRV_IRQHandler(general_timer_IDX);

}

I am finding that the interrupt is not firing, but the timer is running properly ( I can see the value increment and I did some timing experiments with if statement). When I check the different TPM status registers after it is equal to or has passed 125 (match value) I see the following:

111019_111019.pngSelection_187.png

Which means a couple of things, according to the datasheet, with TPM0_STATUS I should see a bit set when a channel event occurs, and obviously you see there is none. Also, I would think that TPM0_C0SC should have the MS & ELS bits set (4:2) and none are set, which would mean that according to the datasheet it would appear to be in "Channel Disabled" and not "Software Compare" like I think it should be:

111021_111021.pngSelection_189.png

The following routines are being called (which they should be since the checkbox is checked to intialize the timer):

void Components_Init(void)

{

/*! LED_GPIO_CONTROL Auto initialization start */

GPIO_DRV_Init(gpio2_InpConfig0,LED_GPIO);

/*! LED_GPIO_CONTROL Auto initialization end */

/*! OTHER_GPIO_CONTROL Auto initialization start */

GPIO_DRV_Init(OTHER_GPIO_CONTROL_InpConfig0,OTHER_GPIO_CONTROL);

/*! OTHER_GPIO_CONTROL Auto initialization end */

/*! general_timer Auto initialization start */

NVIC_SetPriority(TPM0_IRQn, 0U);

TPM_DRV_Init(general_timer_IDX, &timer);

TPM_DRV_SetClock(general_timer_IDX, kTpmClockSourceModuleClk, kTpmDividedBy32);

TPM_DRV_OutputCompareEnable(general_timer_IDX, 0U, kTpmOutputNone, 125, 65535U, true);

/*! general_timer Auto initialization end */

I my example code I also start the timer manually since this isn't done by the OutputCompareEnable function.

Anways, not sure what is going on here, what am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sloat,

After check your code , please check the "install interrupts" , then try again.

pastedImage_0.png

If it still can not work well , you can send your project to me, then it can find the

problem facility with debug .

Hope it helps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,
Alice

0 Kudos