Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debugger problems

Jump to solution
unclemike
Contributor III

Hello:

I am having problems trying to debug in CW 10.6.  The program runs when I click "step", it "steps into" when I click "step over", and has other similar issues.

When I was first using CW, there were "release" and "debug" configurations, and the file that contained main() was called "processorexpert.c".  Now there is only one confuguration, named after the MCU, and the file that contains main() is called main.c.  I am worried that optimizer settings are not correct for debugging.

So, is there a way to restore factory settings or verify that settings are correct?  Should I reinstall CW?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

we can go to IDE menu "windows", "preference" , then restore default settings for each options.

2015-12-04_14-47-17.jpg

you can also go to your workspace folder, then remove .metadata folder then restart CW. your CW workspace setting go to default one.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

we can go to IDE menu "windows", "preference" , then restore default settings for each options.

2015-12-04_14-47-17.jpg

you can also go to your workspace folder, then remove .metadata folder then restart CW. your CW workspace setting go to default one.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos