cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"internal compiler error: in print_operand" in QorIQ SDK 1.8 for P1025

erik_sp
Contributor I

Hello,

i use the SDK 1.8 for a QorIQ CPU P1025 and i can not cross-compile my Application.

The Source-Code is plain C and i can successful compile it with the GCC on my PC but the cross-GCC from the SDK reports

> internal compiler error: in print_operand, at config/rs6000/rs6000.c:18902

and for many (but not all) of my Source-Files are no .o-files generated.

GCC points in all cases to the last closing bracket of a function but i can in no of this functions see any problematic thing.

With the GCC from my PC is all this C-Code completely warning free (with "-Wall -Wextra -pedantic").

What can i do?

Any hints?

Greetings

Erik

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

erik_sp
Contributor I

Hello,

i have the TWR-P1025-Board now for two weeks and i still can do (nearly) nothing with it.

The cross-gcc from the SDK refuses my Source-Code, that works fine and warning-free with multiple other gcc versions.

Should i start a Service-Request?

Exist an other Way to get Help from Freescale?

Many Thanks for any helpful Answer!

Erik

0 Kudos

erik_sp
Contributor I

Hi,

and now?

I can do nothing with my new Board, a TWR-P1025, what should i do now?

Exist any way to cross-compile my software and take it onto the TWR-P1025-Board?

Thanks for any Answer!

Erik

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you use toolchain from the SDK 1.8?

There are the following recommendations for standalone compiling under SDK 1.7 or SDK 1.8.

1. 1. Build and install the standalone toolchain with Yocto:

$ source ./fsl-setup-poky -m <machine>

$ bitbake fsl-toolchain

$ cd build_<machine>_release/tmp/deploy/sdk

$ ./fsl-networking-eglibc-<host-system>-<core>-toolchain-<release>.sh

Note: The default installation path for standalone toolchain is /opt/fsl-networking/. The install folder can be specified during the installation procedure.

1. 2. Use the following command for test.c compiling:

gcc simple_serial.c --sysroot=/opt/fsl-networking/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7/sysroots/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe/ -o simple_serial

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

erik_sp
Contributor I

Hi,

> Do you use toolchain from the SDK 1.8?

Yes, i use the standalone Version of the cross-gcc from the SDK 1.8.

If i only compile the platform-dependent Code of my project, one C-File for the P1025-Linux-Platform, the cross-gcc successful create an ELF-Executable that is runnable on the TWR-P1025-Board. This Program can open the Ethernet-Interfaces and use it, i have no Problems with this small piece of Code.

The Problem is that the cross-gcc reject some of the platform-independent C-Files with the Error-Message :

> internal compiler error: in print_operand, at config/rs6000/rs6000.c:18902

This C-Code is partly used over some years and does compile with different gcc-Versions completely warning-free (with "-Wall -Wextra -pedantic") and without any other Problems. The Error-Message points always to the last closing bracket of an "arbitrary" Function inside my C-Files and i can not see any problem with this Functions. This Functions use different return-Types and different Types and Numbers of Parameters, i can not see any Similarities in this Functions.

As the Error-Message indicate, it seems the problem is inside the gcc and not inside my Code or the Way i installed/use the gcc.

Greetings

Erik

0 Kudos