Need an iMX6 eval board for integration with a CSI-2 differential camera module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an iMX6 eval board for integration with a CSI-2 differential camera module

nathanpalmer
Contributor IV

I am using the iMX6SLEVK board with a parallel CSI interface.  I need to interface a CSI-2 complaint camera module that uses a 4 channel differential interface.  I understand that the iMX6 does not support the the differential CSI (right?), but since it seems to be a popular standard I thought someone might know of a good iMX based evaluation kit with the option, possibly with an FPGA based adapter or specialized ASIC. The camera module has 4-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface for video data and a two-line I2C interface for camera controls.

I may be open to other chips in the iMX family, however the iMX6 is preferred.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

pankajrana
Contributor III

Hi Nathan,

If you are looking for some other i.Mx6 based solution, then you can try out the SABRE for Automotive :

SABRE-2|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6|Freescale

you can look for the Quad core configuration board,design files -  which has the all 4 lanes routed to connector J7, but using those signals as it is can be tough task. Also not sure if any expert has tried working with 4 Lane MIPI camera using i.Mx6. Need to check the driver availability/software work around. And also the board availability.

Else you can try for converters as suggested by Igor.

Or may a custom design based on i.Mx6 Quad or Dual processor will help, primarily if the driver availability is not a problem.

Regards,

Pankaj Rana

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nathan

in general there are no so much mipi csi-2 to parallel converters, some of them :

TC358746AXBG/TC358748XBG , Lattice CSI2 to Parallel Bridge Board:

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/225/CSI2toParallelBridgeBoardUsersGuide-474445.pdf

so seems creating own interface board is only option

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos