cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPRS demo - FRDM-K64F vs MQX 4.2 vs BGS2T modem - working now

Novalis
Contributor III

Hi,

I realy wanted to make the demo work on my FRDM-K64F with BGS2T connected to UART4, now it seems I made it, here are the steps needed:

1. copy project/wsd rtcs_gprs_twrk60n512  and make necessary modifications for K64F

2. make changes to psp/user_config.h -  add/change

#define BSPCFG_ENABLE_ITTYE       1 #define BSP_PPP_DEVICE "ittye:" #define BSP_PPP_DEVICE_DEFINED #define BSPCFG_SCI4_QUEUE_SIZE 164 //serial buffer size - make it bigger if you need, default 64B is not enough even for DNS reply!

3. edit rcts_user_config.h

#define RTCSCFG_ENABLE_PPP 1 #define RTCSCFG_ENABLE_VIRTUAL_ROUTES   1 #define RTCSCFG_ENABLE_DNS         1 #define RTCSCFG_ENABLE_PPP         1 #define RTCSCFG_ENABLE_IP4         1

4. - make changes to  ppphdlc.c  as I write in bug in  ppphdlc.c   - there are also some debug fprintf() in file I am attaching - to see what is being received and transmited

5 - make changes to modem.c, modem_supp.c and in demos config.h - you can check the attached files and diff with original to see all the changes

6 - to make it easier for everybody, I am attaching all the changed files, just unzip to C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2 

7 - import working set, build bsp_frdmk64f, psp_frdmk64f, rtcs_frdmk64f and rtcs_gprs_frdmk64f  and debug

the only problem I am having is that the first ping always returns error = 0x1580, I don't know why and I didn't figure it out - in my debug outputs, I can see the reply from PPP coming in, but I don't have time to repair it, may be someone else will know what this error means.

Martin

PS:  while ago I also made the demo work in KSDK, but thats for another article, I need to make clean install and see what I have changed.

Original Attachment has been moved to: FRDMK64F_gprs_demo_MQX_4_2_.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies