cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert a "elf" to "S19"file ?

Jump to solution
wenlonglei
Contributor I

codewarrior 2.10  Can produce elf file, but I need a S19 file.What should I do? Used for MPC5643L boot flash program;

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In addition to Erich feedback, the Srecord file generation can be selected at linker option too.

pastedImage_0.png

the file will have .mot extension.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In addition to Erich feedback, the Srecord file generation can be selected at linker option too.

pastedImage_0.png

the file will have .mot extension.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm using the 'srecord' tool for all kind of conversions and manipulations, and one of the simpler things it does is to generate an S19 file from a .elf file. See CRC Checksum Generation with ‘SRecord’ Tools for GNU and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos