cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use KSDK for MKL04/05 ?

yuhuacheng
Contributor I

Hi,

I am a new user for Kinetis MCU, next project consider to use KL04/05.

For shorten study time, I search relative document and SDK from Freescale Website, I got  SDK1.3.0 in current time.

I think that it is helpful for me, but, current SDK does not support KL04/05 or FRDM-KL05Z,

How can I use the SDK for KL04/05 or FRDM-KL05Z? Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yuhua Cheng,

For start with FRDM-KL05Z please start with the QSP

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/software/board_support_packages/FRDM-KL05Z_QSP.zip

unfortunately FRDM-KL05Z will not be supported by KSDK.

Anyway, you can try it by yourself.

I´m attaching you the guide, which can help you. You create device specific files, set compiler, board config files and do some modification of projects.

For your next questions and better visibility please post your questions at Kinetis Software Development Kit

Best Regards,

Iva

yuhuacheng
Contributor I

Dear Iva,

Thanks for your reply.

It could be a correct answer, but, it is a wrong solution to me.

From "SDK Migration" described, I have to take much time to copy files and modify parameters by reading reference manual.  Yes, I have tried it step by step though I think what it is not a good idea for a new user to execute these difficult tasks. I need to a correct list to verify all parameters, Can you provide it for me ? Or, how can you know where is wrong made by me?

Why I need KSDK ?  It provides many standalone cases with source program files, it may not meet my fully requirements, but I can change them to fit.

Thanks again.   

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yuhua,

KSDK provides comprehensive software support for Freescale Kinetis devices.

for detailed description KSDK, please see Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK) 1.3  

Yes, it takes some time, but this device is not currently supported by KSDK so you can do it by yourself - according to the guide - need Reference Manual and Datasheet - or you can ask for it by paid support NXP Professional Services|NXP

If you have significant project please contact your sales representative/distributor.

In case of any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day,

Iva

0 Kudos